I got this article circulated on the social media. Please read and understand..
Truth behind the resignation of Mam Catalina Sotto, former teacher of Tala High School.
This is going to be the first and last time that i will talk about the real reason behind my resignation as a public school teacher
It is easier for me to let go of the job i am having for ten years, the job that i thought would lift my social status at least, the job i thought would help me improve my well being and develop my personality, the job that i thought would help children to change the world, the job i thought would make me survive in this complex world but it all goes the other way around.
There are two different reactions of people i encountered when they learned that i already left my teaching career. One is so happy, that i am already out of the stress zone and the other one is looking at me like im crazy already for letting go of something stable
Why did I resigned?
1. The job is killing me already, i have accumulated diseases over the years like laryngitis and cyst on my bladder due to continuous usage of my voice and an unhealthy lifestyle due to stress.
2. The job that is supposedly an already paperless work because of modernization becomes a more complicated work due to school records that needs to be transferred to soft copies
3. I have been away from my sons for three years already, and that is not making me a good mother.
4. Have been building my status as a coach for years, won contests and spent money from my own pocket for the sake of the contest but i woke up one day that i am already replaced, but needed my help to train the one who replaced me, won the contest and i ended up unrecognized.
5. Its so painful being a teacher but treated like im uneducated.
6. Cant stand the competition arising.
7. The system itself.
8. Ill never get rich, no leveraging, the compensation does not equal your workload. Too much work but underpaid.
9. You have a lot of bosses.. Even your co worker acts like one
10. Spent money from my own pocket for teaching materials
11. Loads of credits and loans.
12. Im not happy anymore.
They say teaching is a noble profession, but i am not born to become the noblest person, i am a mother, a wife and a daughter. Lets all be practical. We all applied from work to earn a living, not to kill us. Its all about prestige, power and respect. I just want to live and be happy. These reasons are just some, i have not included yet the best reasons why I left. But to make things clear, i do love my co teachers from the dept and esp. My students.
I hope people would now understand why i gave up my profession and switch. ITS MY CHOICE! ITS MY LIFE!!
If somebody would hate me for this, its up to you, which only means you have read it to the end…
Lam mo na…
A Public School Teacher who loves to make some IT Stuff such as blog that can help to provide information to all teachers around the Globe.