MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte’s Proclamation No. 50 did not include November 2, 2017 as special (non-working) holiday throughout the country but some local government units and schools declared suspension of classes and work in observance of All Souls‘ Day.
While October 31 and November 1 were declared holidays, at least two (2) LGUs said the additional holiday on November 2 will give more time in observing the tradition. Filipino families commemorate and pay homage to the deceased family members on All Souls’ Day.
On Monday, Cauayan City Mayor Bernard Faustino M. Dy released Administrative Order No. 03 citing a special non-working day on Thursday.
Meanwhile, Tacloban Mayor Cristina Gonzalez Romualdez has issued Executive Order 2017-10-076 for the temporary suspension of classes for all levels in public and private schools and work in all government offices in Tacloban City on November 2.
Check out list of areas and schools where classes and work have been suspended for Thursday, November 2, 2017 for the commemoration of All Souls’ Day (refresh page for the updates):
- Cauayan City, Isabela – classes in all levels, public and private; work, gov’t and private
- Tacloban City – classes in all levels, public and private; gov’t work
- Butuan City – classes in all levels, public; gov’t work
- Angono, Rizal – classes in all levels, public and private; work, gov’t and private
- San Pablo, Laguna – classes in all levels, public and private; work at the city hall
- Cagayan Provinces – classes in all levels
- Ateneo de Davao – non-working holiday
source: Summit Express
A Public School Teacher who loves to make some IT Stuff such as blog that can help to provide information to all teachers around the Globe.